Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Falklands Mod Progress  (Read 83654 times)

Offline Cplme

• Former Staff
Re:Falklands Mod Progress
« Reply #330 on: 26 Apr 2003, 02:46:09 »
i am bit drunk so I apologise.... you have a point in with we have to look forward to the mod, but you know i rather think your mod is still going to take a while which i appreciate cos the stuff you are making looks amazing.. but you know the lynx is what i have been waiting for since i started playing ofp I love that chopper but obvisouly a masterpice takes time so keep up the good work

edit
oh yeah u mite already know this but here goes, i am having problems with landing in VTOL its takes for ever to slow down, and also when i am in hover mode i cant ie turn to the right or left on the spot ie keys C and X (keys on default setting) but i think i know what that mite be with it being configured as an airplane shall i say.
« Last Edit: 26 Apr 2003, 02:50:03 by Cplme »

Strangelove

« Reply #331 on: 26 Apr 2003, 14:25:52 »
It's the sex.

Now... about those mk.82s...  

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #332 on: 26 Apr 2003, 17:49:01 »
hope y'all know about the gear bug? for no apparent reason while flying it decides to lower, and then i cant ever raise it again...

vtol is good for what you can do.... need to work out a way to slow down though.... the current one means you have to slow down over 500...

sidewinders... i can't lock on... and if i dont have to, then they dont actually hit the targets...

otherwise, great fun  :D
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Strangelove

« Reply #333 on: 26 Apr 2003, 18:51:15 »
Hmm...

Yes, the gear does sometimes lower on it's own if you are going slow but if you speed up a bit it should let you raise it again. Not had any trouble with the sidewinders myself. Yes, slowing the thing down for a vertical landing is tricky but... make sure you are low and slow before activating the VTOL then press break, use the decrease throttle action like buggery and ocassionally HOLD ALTITUDE to stop the nose from falling and you can land pretty quickly. Actually, however, STOL enables you to land on a dime anyway... so the only time you really need to use the VTOL is when taking off from a very confined space.

Hmm... in the absence of Mk82s I'm perfecting my strafing...  :gunman:

Mr_Shady

« Reply #334 on: 26 Apr 2003, 21:00:05 »
This is amazing. The STOL is great for fixed wing rookies like me, I can get the thing up in the air quicker than I can get Mrs Kooky's clothes off, and I can land and be at a total stop in the time that passes after Mrs Kooky's getting nekkid and her saying "That it?"  ;D

fragsta

« Reply #335 on: 26 Apr 2003, 21:41:35 »
I tried to post this on the Falklands Mod forums, but it kept telling me to log in again! Anyway, i just wanted to know if you were actually going to make a new CH47, because BAS made one and it is perfect. It would be a bit of a waste really if you made a new one. You should ask BAS.

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #336 on: 26 Apr 2003, 21:51:28 »
Ok there seems to be a common problem with our forum, to fix it,

in explorer click tools>internet options>privacy> then move the slider all the way to the bottom

that fixes it while we try and find out why its happening

and why would we want a new ch47?

Ash

« Reply #337 on: 26 Apr 2003, 22:06:13 »
We are using a modified version of BIS's Ch-47.. The fact that the British forces lost all but one Chinook when the Atlantic Conveyor was hit means there's hardly much point in spending so much time in creating a new one....

BAS's version is way too modern for us.. We're talking 1982 technology here remember!  :)

fragsta

« Reply #338 on: 26 Apr 2003, 22:14:11 »
yeah, i guess, but in the picture it looks like the one that BAS made, r u guna make it look like that? And will there actually only be one chinnook in the mod?

Ash

« Reply #339 on: 26 Apr 2003, 22:23:57 »
A rextextured BIS one will suit us...

And as for having just one Chinook.. Well thats what happened during the war, so thats what we'll be doing for the campaign...

Bravo November it was called...

From Britains Small Wars:

"A number of Chinooks were bound for the Falklands aboard the Atlantic Conveyor, unfortunately all but one of the Chinooks were lost in the sinking of the Atlantic Conveyor. The lone surviving Chinook, Bravo November, performed performed vital and dangerous tasks for several weeks until more Chinooks arrived in mid-June"

Strangelove

« Reply #340 on: 27 Apr 2003, 01:11:56 »
A rabid tester reports...

It seems that the VTOL script only currently works for the server in MP games.

Also, I've not yet worked out how to rearm the thing. Obviously the ammo trucks don't work... I've de-pboed the file and found the weapon and ammo classnames but when I use a trigger to addmagazine it doesn't work properly (the ammo-count rises but does not turn back from red).

Not very bright, I guess.  :-[

Does anyone know how to get ammo trucks rearming it? or, preferably,  how to do this with triggers... as I don't really want to use an ammo truck with American decals.  :-\

Last bit... has anyone done an RAF or Fleet Air Arm pilot?

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
« Reply #341 on: 27 Apr 2003, 08:56:44 »
AS for the gear down problem, the lower speed, low altitude auto-gear down feature was for AI and auto pilot landing. Until I find a workaround to prevent the gear coming down unless landing I would suggest 1. Keep your speed up, 2. DOnt fly too low. Sorry guys. But the problem has been noted and am working on a solution.
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #342 on: 27 Apr 2003, 16:57:05 »
Please would you add dust when taking of  ;)

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
« Reply #343 on: 28 Apr 2003, 10:12:09 »
Please would you add dust when taking of  ;)

Working on that right now. Also I am scripting the harrier so that all you ground ejectors can't get cheap thrills doing it over and over again.. ain't I mean  ;D
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Britboy

« Reply #344 on: 28 Apr 2003, 14:48:22 »
Is there any way to get the AI to do VTOL take off?