[ArmA] SPON Map by Spooner
Map that allows players to make freehand drawings, as well as place markers in a more manageable/intuitive way. The drawings and markers info are transmitted to other players too.
- Alternate map dialog is opened and closed via pressing - (LSHIFT+M by default).
- 11 modes of operation are available (Select radio button or press CTRL F1-F11):
- Measure mode:
- By holding down the mouse button and dragging it, measure the distance and azimuth of the line traced.
- Query mode:
- By hovering over an existing line/marker, drawn by anyone, you can see information about it:
- When it was originally sent.
- Who originally placed the item.
- What target individual or group it was originally sent to.
- For markers only, you can see its full descriptive name (for lines, rectangles and ellipses it just tells you that it is a "Drawing" ;P).
- Grid mode: Overlays for measuring accurate grid references:
- Scale - right-angle of measuring scales (makes more sense when you see it)
- 10x10 Grid
- Keypad, showing 9 sub-sectors
- Marker mode (Place icons):
- Pick marker from combo-box which includes icons (no more using up/down to find a specific marker from a list of dozens or hundreds that are installed!).
- Marker icons can be filtered by typing in a search string pattern.
- When placing markers, drag the mouse to make them larger or smaller (50-150% of default marker size). Hold ALT while dragging to rotate the marker.
- Choose from six standard colours (black, white, green, red, yellow, blue) or use the default colour for the specific marker.
- Any marker can be tagged as urgent by prepending "!" to its message (e.g. "! BFO Tank"), which will give anyone who receives it an automatic IM notification, including its map coordinates.
- If you receive an unrecognised marker, you are told, via chat, the class name of the marker and who actually sent it (in "vanilla" ArmA, you get an intrusive modal dialog with just the marker class name). Since the unrecognised marker cannot be displayed, you will see a question-mark marker placed on the map in the requested position with the requested colour.
- Pencil mode: Drawing freehand lines.
- Pen mode: Drawing straight lines.
- Ellipse mode: Drawing ellipses (frames, not filled). Hold LSHIFT to draw a circle, ALT to rotate.
- Rectangle mode: Drawing rectangles (frames, not filled). Hold LSHIFT to draw a square, ALT to rotate.
- IM Mode: Send text messages to other players.
- Log mode: See a complete chronological list of markers and drawings received and sent, any of which can be centred or deleted. In this mode, you can also click on any marker or drawing on the map to find it in the log.
- Notepad mode: A dynamic notepad, which can have pages added, modified and removed at any time.
- SPON Map automatically adds GMJ SightAdjustment rangecards to the SPON Map notepad.
- Target information to a variety of player groupings or "channels" (Select radio button or press F1-12):
- Self (for personal notes; the only mode available in single-player).
- Tell (any specific allied player, except oneself).
- Direct (all nearby people).
- Vehicle (any allied vehicle with players in it).
- Group (any allied group containing players, including own if there are other players in it).
- Alliance (own side and any configured as being allied to it; this will only be available if an alliance is defined in the mission).
- Friendly (alliance + civilians).
- Command - All allied group leaders.
- Medical - All allied medics.
- Channels - User-defined channels, currently only created by mission-based function calls. They only reach across an alliance. Each has a unique name (string) and everyone subscribed to that channel will get messages directed at it.
- Choose from six semi-transparent colours (black, red, green, blue, yellow or white). Alternatively, when placing marker icons, automatically use the configured default colour for that particular marker.
- Player can delete a marker/line by pressing "delete" key while hovering over it.
- Can either replace the standard map entirely or co-exist with it.
NOTE: This resource is available as script suite and as addon, both included in the zip file
Coordinate and measuring tools:
View the forum thread for this resource here.